Second Session - Preservation of Maltese Culture and Language
The Second Day of the Convention, Wednesday 26th January 2000 at the Emigrants Commission, Castille Place, Valletta.
The topics were -
- What is being done to keep alive Maltese traditions?... feasts, food, language
- How much is the Maltese language still being used?... in the family, among Maltese, in church
- Is the Maltese language a help or a hindrance?
- Are TV and radio being made use of and to what extent?
- Are books in Maltese and about Malta reaching Maltese migrants?
- What is expected from the Malta side to help in this respect?
- Connections (contacts) between present and future generations with Malta
The Keynote speakers were Professor Henry Frendo and Professor Maurice Cauchi. Other delegate speakers were -
Dr Victor Borg
Mr Charles Mifsud
Mr Richard Cumbo
Ms K. Mikallef Buhagiar
Ms Claudia Caruana
Mr Alfred Zarb
Mr Ivan Magri-Overend
Maltese of Egypt
Mr Francis Azzopardi
Maltese of Tunis
Mr Jean F. Buhagiar
Maltese of Algeria
Source: 'Malta' - Maltese Culture Movement, Issues 4,5,6, 2000.
| || || |
We need your support to continue working on this site. Help us.
Text and pictures (c) 2001-2013 Malta Emigration Museum and/or its contributors.
Consultancy, hosting, programming and technical assistance provided by .